Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Wanna Be a Cowgirl

Type. Delete. Type. Backspace. Type again. Delete.

Why is it so hard to get back on the proverbial horse? I have been trying to write for days and at this present time for many minutes. No luck, bucked from my pony again. My last post was ages ago when I wrote of my uncle, who has since past away. Even though many things have happened since that entry, I can't seem to elaborate, collect my thoughts, or even really recap life over the last several months, but please know I am trying. Trying to lasso these scattered notions into some semblance of a blog post, making my best attempt to pull myself up on the saddle from the one foot that's caught in the stirrup.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I think you have "mother overload brain syndrome". (I just made that up! Pretty good though!!) I have felt the same way many many times. Post your thoughts, or your lack of thoughts. Post your feelings, or lack of feelings. :-) Tell us what you had for dinner. Write something, anything. Just write.

Bonita said...

We all go through those times when it's just hard to transfer the thoughts to paper. I went through a similar, shorter slump recently. Sometimes life is just too hectic and we sort of lose the magic of writing. But I've found that if I get that flow going even a trickle it develops into a small stream and before I know it I'm back to a flowing river of words. You've started the trickle with this blog post, keep going.

The Four of Us said...

Understood, lady. I'm writing - but I'm just plugging along! You'll find your groove again. Hope you have otherwise been doing well! Been thinking about you...
Karin

The Four of Us said...

oops. i'm logged in under my daughter...it's Karin@6byHisDesign

(we just recently found her blog again after 12 months of her 'hiatus' ... hahaha ... if 7 year-olds have writer's block...more like mom can't remember the password. *sigh*)